Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Diet Soda

There was an article in the newest issue of Women's Health that says that the sweetener in soda can make you more hungry. I have read several other things about soda as well; including that the bubbles stretch out your stomach - that goes for any carbonated beverage.

I hate when people get me going on sodas and how bad they are for you because I sound like a crazy person and it usually ends up with... but really, who thought about injecting gas into something we drink? How good can that really be for you, really?

A few other things I have read is that the acid and other ingredients in soft drinks deplete your body of vitamins and minerals. And that the acid also hurts the enzymes in your mouth that start the digestion process.

I don't know how much of this is true. If I were a scientist, I would test the effects on the carbonation, acidic properties, and overall chemical combination of sodas.

All I know is that I have lost over 110 pounds and whatever I am doing has worked for about a year. Now, does that mean that this one thing is the key? No, not really. But what it does mean is that it may be part of the combination.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home