Saturday, August 21, 2010

8/21/2010 - over 1 month into nutrisystem...thoughts, impressions, reviews, photos.

I started Nutrisystem on July 19th. It was not anything that I have ever even considered, but when my mother-in-law brought me a month's worth of food, I figured I would give it a try.

When she brought me the box and we were going through all the food as she explained the program to me, I laughed at how disgusting the pizza looked. Turns out, that is one of my favorite things to eat (so versatile).

Summary of the first month:
Week 1
July 19th-July 25th
Weight: 247
Workouts completed: 5 1 hour workouts
Favorites:
breakfast: lowfat granola, orange cranberry pastry, apple strudel scone, blueberry muffin
lunch: chocolate PB bar, cheese tortellini, chocolate raspberry bar
dinner: pizza, lasagna (cheese), cheese ravioli

Thoughts:
Surprised at how I am not hungry at all. Feeling very good that I can get all the veggies in I need to. Absolutely sick of carrots and celery.

Week 2
July 26th-August 1st
Weight: 240
Workouts completed: 4 1 hour workouts, 1 strength session
Favorites:
lunch: fudge graham bar, minestrone soup, split pea soup
Thoughts:
Veggie fajita was weird and kinda gross, not really sure about bean curd in my food. Also, did not like the rice Risotto (also very weird with a very strong and unidentifiable taste). Started traveling on 7/31 and remaining 100% committed to the plan. Wanna see where this takes me.

Week 3
August 2nd-August 8th
Weight: traveling, unable to weigh-in
Workouts completed: 6 1 hour workouts
Favorites:
breakfast: lemon poppyseed muffin, chocolate chip pancakes
lunch: chicken and barley
dinner: chili w/beans

Thoughts:
Found the diet pretty easy to stick to while traveling. The bars made it pretty convenient and then I would just find a clean salad or steamed veggie when with clients. Turned my pizza into a barbecue pizza one day and it was fantastic! Was working, but extended my trip and went to my mom's house in Washington. She had picked me up some food from a garage sale. I got to try some discontinue items. Here are some photos of the chocolate chip pancakes:

served with 1 T. of "free" cool whip and light Torani Caramel Sugar Free Syrup


Week 4

August 9th-August 15th
Weight: traveling, unable to weigh in
Workouts completed: 3 1 hour workouts
Favorites:
breakfast: blueberry pancakes
lunch: cajun chicken and rice w/sausage, black beans and rice
Thoughts:
found message boards on http://www.nutrisystem.com/ and other people's blogs.
Weight on August 15th: 231
Down 16 pounds in 4 weeks!



Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home