Saturday, January 08, 2011

1/8/2011 -- 3 Breakfasts!!

Anyone who has looked at my blog knows that I love breakfast! I am so excited when Cherries are in season!!! Here are 3 examples of a perfectly portioned Nutrisystem Breakfast and a review of each of those Nutrisystem Item.

A Nutrisystem Breakfast on the Women's Basic Plan consists of:
1. Nutrisystem Breakfast Entree
2. Fruit Serving
3. Protein Serving

Chewy Chocolate Chip Granola Bar
Nutrisystem's Chocolate Chip Granola bar is FANTASTIC!! It is both Chewy and Chocolaty. It has tons of delicious Chocolate Chips and is surprising filling. Not too sweet, it makes a perfect on the go breakfast and perfectly compliments my morning coffee. I love to take several of these with me when I travel. As the breakfasts and desserts are interchangeable; I sometimes eat these for dessert too!  
1. Chewy Chocolate Chip Granola Entree
2. Peach
3. Egg white omelet with green onions (either borrow a veggie from another meal or as a free food).
Berries & Multigrain Flakes
I have to make a disclaimer first; before I give you my review of Berries & Multigrain Flakes... I am not a big cereal fan. Seriously, I like granola on Yogurt and may try that with the cereals I have left. But when I think of breakfast, I either think of warm comfort food (pancakes, pancakes, pancakes) or something easy and on the go. Having cold cereal is not on the top of my breakfast list. With that being said, I do sometimes like cereal for dessert and definitely as an element in a healthy trail mix. 

As far as Berries & Multigrain Flakes go, Nutrisystem did a great job on this cereal. It is lightly sweetened and stays crunch in the milk you get to eat with it. There are some berries, but not too few or too many. Though the bag may look or seem small, it is enough food to be satisfying.  
Bag of cereal

1. Nutrisystem Berries & Multigrain Flakes Entree
2. Cherries
3. Egg white omelet w/green onions and salsa
Cluster Crunch Cereal
Again the cereal thing...but it was still pretty good and serving cereal with Eggs, gives it more of a "comfort" feel. This cereal is really tasty! It definitely has a crunch! It does seem like less food than Berries & Multigrain flakes but it is really tasty, sweet, and crunchy.
1. Nutrisystem Cluster Crunch Cereal
2. Peach
3. Egg Whites with Salsa, and Laughing Cow Cheese wedge (free)

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At 8:13 PM, Anonymous x97castro said...

How many egg whites are you allowed for your protein side? And when you said laughing cow cheese wedge (free), do you mean Fat Free or Free food??

 
At 9:39 PM, Blogger Rebecca said...

For protein, you can have up to 100 calories. I usually use the liquid protein and use about 1/2 a cup, which is about 60 or so calories. When I use actual eggs, I use 6 egg whites. 1 egg white has 10-15 calories...but, I usually use the liquid.

The laughing cow light wedges have 30 calories, which is a little higher than a free food but when I use one in the morning, I only have 2 free foods for the day instead of 3.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home