Saturday, October 02, 2010

10/2/2010 - My Favorite Salad and some FRIED Apples!!!

Most of my post's titles end in EXCLAMATION POINTS!!!! I am just so excited about losing weight and some of the delicious, nutritious things I get to eat on my plan. I am also super excited that I don't cheat or even feel the urge to cheat and, in a pinch, I have the knowledge and confidence to make the right, healthy non-Nutrisystem decisions.

I also love that I can spend as much or as little time as I like when it comes to each meal. Busy with the kids? Have a Fudge Graham bar for lunch. Not feelin' so hungry? Have a can of tomato soup. Starving? Make 2 pizzas with delicious ingredients. Have time and feeling like cooking, zip through recipes and find something amazing to prepare or prepare any of the entrees with stir-fried veggies. You can be as creative or as "right out of the box" as you like. You do need to prepare ahead of time to ensure that you have veggie and protein options available. But, after you get the hang of that, it is very easy too. Pre-boil some eggs for the week, have some light String Cheese available, keep some light white meat turkey dogs on hand. Easy peasy.

I have some go-to favorites. One is my all time favorite salad and the other is a new selection for fruit that I recently discovered on the Nutrisystem boards (best, luckiest find ever).

best salad ever! 



Raw spinach, 1 oz Goat Cheese, a few berries, and then 2 T of fat free balsamic vinagrette
  fried apples!


Core apple and slice very thinly.
Spray pan with Pam.
Put apples in pan.
Sprinkle with cinnamon, Truvia, and Vanilla.
Spray with Pam again.
Cook on medium until apples are ready...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home