Thursday, October 07, 2010

10/7/2010 - Hotel Living

I LOVE hotels! From the moment I enter my room, I slip into the robe and feel like I am suddenly relaxed. Now, when I am traveling, I am packed with meetings and the moments in my room are very limited. I come in, hang up all my clothes, iron anything that got crumpled, put on my robe and pretend I am on vacation until my meeting starts.

Typically, I ask for a fridge in my room and have either brought or stopped at the local store and bought groceries. On my most recent trip (this week) there was a huge fee to rent a fridge. So, I made a makeshift cooler in my sink with ice. By the 3rd day, I was not confident in the freshness of my food, so I ordered room service from the elliptical machine at 5am.

My order: 3 boiled eggs, coffee, berries. Special requests: Please deliver to my room at 7:30.

How much would you expect this to cost?

15 bucks? 20? Nope, it was $40 dollars!!!

My deluxe breakfast...

Oh, and the Nutrisystem Scone is my own addition...not included in the $40...
And I just ate the eggwhites, not the entire egg from the boiled eggs.

1 Comments:

At 10:50 PM, Anonymous Susie said...

That is INSANE! Gotta love hotel charges :P

 

Post a Comment

<< Home