Friday, April 01, 2011

4/1/2011 - What was the Damage?

So, when I left for the Carolina's I weighed in at 209 which was my lowest weight in YEARS!! Before we set out on one of the longest family excursions we have ever had, the family wanted to visit a few sentimental meal spots. So, for the two days prior to departure, we visited friends, broke bread, and the adults had a few adult beverages. Though I wasn't perfectly on plan, I was pretty close (minus the libations).

Then we hit the road. 4 days, 1200 miles, and many an argument and fast-food joint later, we arrived in Charlotte. I weighed in at 219. 10 pounds in 6 days! Over a pound a day! And I didn't even eat my favorite foods! In fact, one morning when I was eating pancakes, I was thinking "I wish I had Nutrisystem pancakes!" Did I have Nutrisystem foods? Yes! Why didn't I use them? The dog ate them. I could've and should've done better. I have the skills and should have known how to improvise in a rough spot. In the past 35+ weeks, I have stopped many a time at 7-11 and bought boiled eggs. I royally failed on this road trip.

So, right now I am at 213. So, 4 pounds to being where I was before I derailed myself. What have I learned? I know where my weaknesses are and what I can improve on. I know that sentimentality and driving long distances make me weak. And I know how far I have come to catch myself before I spiral out of control. Was back on plan 100% as of Monday, and 6 of my 10 pounds are already gone. Yay!

2 Comments:

At 10:15 PM, Anonymous Susie said...

You are NOT derailed- it's just a temporary setback. I know you'll get right back on track and those four pounds will just melt away.

Not to mention you learned a really valuable lesson about situations that are tough for you to get through so you can plan better for next time. Just move past it and keep going!

 
At 9:38 AM, Blogger Rebecca said...

Thanks for the push!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home